Listed below are recommendations for the cleaning and caring for your shoes according to material, along with a definition of many of the upper materials used. Below this description, you will find many foot and shoe care products to fit your needs.
If you have any questions about any of these items, please feel free to give our customer service team a call at 1-877-655-4477 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alpaca A very soft leather, spot clean with damp cloth or soft dry cloth using water and/or leather conditioner.
- Aniline Aniline leather is soft and supple; use damp cloth or soft dry cloth and leather conditioner.
- Cabrio This leather is polished to a high-sheen. We recommend a soft dry cloth to maintain the sheen and wipe off any dirt or scuffs.
- Cowbuck This leather is a full grain leather that can be restored by a shoe shine sponge, wiped down with a soft cloth or even a damp cloth when needed. Condition with leather conditioner.
- Fur Cow fur prints are best handled by a light spray of commercial waterproofing and spot cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Latigo This easy care leather can be restored by a shoe shine sponge, wiped down with a soft cloth, or spot cleaned with a damp cloth as needed. Follow up with leather conditioner.
- Nubuck A suede cleaner and or soft brush are best on this type of leather. You can also spot clean with a damp cloth.
- Oiled / Oilskin Oilskin is best cared for by wiping down with a soft dry cloth. If deeper conditioning is desired, the use of an oil sponge will restore this upper to a nearly new condition.
- Patent High-gloss patent can be wiped down with soap and water or with a clean damp or soft dry cloth.
- PU/Box Polyurethane coated leather is our easiest to care for! Waterproof, it can be wiped down with a warm cloth and soap.
- Textile Textiles should be treated with a light spray of commercial waterproofing and spot cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Snake/Croco This durable leather should be spot cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Split Split leather is a sister of Suede. Use a suede cleaner and brush or spot clean with a damp cloth. Spray with a commercial waterproof spray to protect and add water resistance.
- Suede A suede cleaner or damp cloth to spot treat work well for printed suede, and a suede cleaner and brush work well to raise the nap and clean our plain suede products. Spray with a commercial waterproof spray when protect and add water resistance.
- Velvet We've found that a simple light spray cleaner like Folex works well for spot cleaning this delicate fabric! Let dry completely before wearing.
- Waxed Shoe shine sponge, damp cloth or dry cloth work well to clean our waxed leather.