Listed below are recommendations for the cleaning and caring for your shoes according to material, along with a definition of many of the upper materials used.
If you have any questions about any of these items, please feel free to give our customer service team a call at 1-877-655-4477 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer any of your questions.
- Aniline - This leather is soft and supple; use damp cloth or soft dry cloth and leather conditioner.
- Cabrio - This leather is polished to a high-sheen. We recommend a soft dry cloth to maintain the sheen and wipe off any dirt or scuffs.
- Fur Cow - Fur prints are best handled by a light spray of commercial waterproofing and spot cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Latigo - This easy care leather can be restored by a shoe shine sponge, wiped down with a soft cloth, or spot cleaned with a damp cloth as needed. Follow up with leather conditioner.
- Nubuck Leather - A suede cleaner and or soft brush are best on this type of leather. You can also spot clean with a damp cloth.
- Oiled / Oilskin - Oiled leather is a very durable leather, best cared for by wiping down with a soft dry cloth. If deeper conditioning is desired, the use of an oil sponge will restore this upper to a nearly new condition.
- Patent Leather - High-gloss patent can be wiped down with soap and water or with a clean damp or soft dry cloth.
- PU/Box - Polyurethane coated leather, also known as Box Leather, is our easiest to care for! Waterproof, it can be wiped down with a warm cloth and soap.
- Textile - Textiles should be treated with a light spray of commercial waterproofing and spot cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Snake/Croco - This durable leather should be spot cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Suede - A suede cleaner or damp cloth to spot treat work well for printed suede, and a suede cleaner and brush work well to raise the nap and clean our plain suede products. Spray with a commercial waterproof spray when protect and add water resistance.
- Velvet - We've found that a simple light spray cleaner like Folex works well for spot cleaning this delicate fabric! Let dry completely before wearing.
- Waxed Leather - Shoe shine sponge, damp cloth or dry cloth work well to clean our waxed leather.